Reach Ahead Program | Grade 8 students
Get a head start on high school this summer!
Every summer, Uchenna Academy offers a Reach Ahead program to grade 8 students that are starting grade 9 in September. The program starts early July and ends in early August.
The focus of the program is STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics) and Healthy Active Living. Students work on developing their athletic skills in multi sport format (focus on basketball) while learning about various STEAM topics each week. The program is designed in a unique collaboration between Uchenna Academy and University Health Network (UHN).
Summary of Program:
- Rehabilitation Science – Mobility Issues and Current Research
- Robotic Arm Design
- Roller Coaster Design
- Sports Jersey Design and Marketing
- Sport Event Planning & Delivery (1 day basketball tournament)
- Ballmatics Program – Math & Basketball
- Presentation at Toronto Rehabilitation Institute (mobility issue design idea)
The program includes workshops at the Toronto Rehabilitation Institute (TRI), where students learn about various career options in health care, science of cutting edge rehabilitation equipment, newest technologies and research about mobility issues, and conduct mobility experiments. The program is a unique collaboration between Uchenna Academy and TRI.
The cost for the 5 week program is $210/week or $950 if paid prior to the program commencement.
We invite you to fill in the registration form below and submit it to email@example.com along with required documents.
- A registration form must be filled in and approved by Uchenna Academy Principal and Elementary School Principal
- Uchenna Academy reserves the right to cancel or relocate programs. Confirmations for the Reach Ahead program will be sent a month before the program start date (mid-June of the program year).