Full-Time Development and Prep curriculum starts September 7, 2021!
Our mission is to provide a facility that offers Professional Instruction to both athletes in the Development Program (grades 6-10) and athletes in the Preparatory Program (grades 9-12). We will offer twenty (20) students an opportunity to train and learn with us.
Benefits of attending Uchenna Academy:
- High level basketball coaching (3 hours)
- Beautiful indoor facilities
- Small class size (up to 10 student athletes per class)
- Advanced Placement (AP®) courses
- French certificate program
- NCAA certified courses
- SAT Prep included in the tuition fees
- We are an official SAT Test Centre
Our learning pods allow small-group, individualized instruction which ensures students spend their learning hours focused, attentive and engaged in their learning. Our environment inhibits social conflict, energy dips, wait times between class transitions, and enhances engagement in learning activities tailored to their learning styles and exerting positive physical energy on our brand new basketball court with like-minded peers who share common interests and love of the game!
We are currently registering students for Sep. 2021 start date. We invite you to register today!
Uchenna Academy’s quadmester model will ensure our student athletes study two courses for the duration of each 11 week long quadmester.
The structure of the typical weekday at Uchenna Academy Prep program consists of the following (the Development program follows a similar structure with 1.5 hours of daily training in the morning):
8:00am-10:00am – Period I
10:05am-10:25am – Snack Break
10:30am-12:30pm – Period II
12:35pm-1:05pm – Lunch Break
1:05pm-2:05pm – Performance Training
2:05pm-4:05pm – Basketball Training
4:05pm-5:00pm – Open Gym Time (Optional)
What makes Uchenna Academy Basketball program unique?
- ACADEMICS FIRST. Players’ academic performance is mandatory and our courses are NCAA certified. We provide academic support for all our student-athletes to ensure their academic success. The academic curriculum is tailored to adjust to tournament and travel schedules so students will never miss a class of instruction. We are also an official SAT Test Centre, and we offer AP® curriculum in select subjects. Students are also able to receive a French language certificate upon graduating from Uchenna Academy.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE TRAINING. The Development Program includes 1.5 hours of daily training and the Prep Program includes 3 hours of daily training comprised of on-court fundamentals and individual/team skill development with basketball IQ training.
- INDIVIDUAL PERFORMANCE PLANS. Every student-athlete undergoes periodic athletic testing throughout the year, starting with a baseline test, to track improvement in agility, speed, body measurements, strength, endurance, etc.
- INTER-SCHOLASTIC COMPETITION. Uchenna Academy’s prep team is registered to compete in several regional and international prep circuits and tournaments during the year. We also record all games and select practices so every athlete has an abundance of recordings to compliment their scholarship applications.
- ACADEMIC CAREER PLANNING. We spend time providing students with information about University and College programs (in Canada and USA). Education is centred around academic and athletic scholarships. Realistic goals are set for each student and benchmarks are put in place to ensure they are on the right track to reach their academic goals.
Fees (for Canadian students only):
- Basketball Development Program (grades 6-8): $12,900*
- Basketball Development Program (grades 9-12): $15,000*
- Basketball Prep Program (grades 9-12): $17,000*
- Please note that subsidies are available to those students that qualify.
- *Travel fees are not included in tuition fees.