Register Today for 2022-2023
Boys and Girls, Regional and Prep Programs
CONNECT WITH US
Student-athlete advisors are standing by to help you.
Basketball School Program Summary
Uchenna Academy’s athletic program is designed to offer optimal balance of competitive athletics and daily on-court instruction. Each student-athlete is surrounded by a support team inclusive of passionate teachers, experienced coaches, college placement advisors and more.
Uchenna Academy student-athletes experience an environment that closely aligns with the expectations, schedule and intensity of a collegiate program.
Our 2022-2023 Basketball Athletic Program is open to male and female student-athletes in grades 7 to 12.
Our Basketball School program is comprised of these components:
- Athletic Performance and Health
- Social Emotional Development
- Mental Development
- Basketball Specific Skill Development
Through these four pillars, our mission is to provide an environment that offers professional instruction to high-performance athletes. Athletes who have a passion for basketball and aim to take their passion for the sport to the next level.
Benefits of attending Uchenna Academy:
- NCCP and NCAA certified basketball coaching
- Newly renovated indoor facilities including two courts and a workout area
- Small class size (up to 10 student-athletes per class)
- Advanced Placement (AP®) courses
- Exposure to NCAA, USPORTS, CCAA, JUCO, NAIA coaches and recruiting services.
- French certificate program
- Athletic Performance Training from our Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialists
- SAT Prep included in the tuition fees
- Athletic Therapist at all home games and available for injury prevention and treatment
- We are an official SAT Test Centre
Uchenna Academy’s quadmester model allows our student-athletes to focus their study on two courses for 11 weeks, creating the opportunity for in-depth learning and discovery.
BASKETBALL PREP SCHOOL DAILY SCHEDULE
The structure of a typical day for Uchenna Academy’s Basketball Prep School in Toronto is as follows:
8:00am-10:00am – Period I
10:05am-10:25am – Snack Break
10:30am-12:30pm – Period II
12:35pm-1:05pm – Lunch Break
1:05pm-2:05pm – Performance Training
2:05pm-4:05pm – Basketball Practice
4:05pm-5:00pm – Open Gym Time (Optional)
What makes Uchenna Academy’s Basketball Prep School in Toronto unique?
- ACADEMICS FIRST. We have a full curriculum of NCAA certified courses and each student-athlete must maintain an optimal GPA to meet the academic performance requirements to compete in our program. We provide academic support for all our student-athletes to ensure their academic success.
Our academic curriculum is tailored to adjust to tournament and travel schedules so students will never miss a class of instruction. We are also an official SAT Test Centre, and we offer AP® curriculum in select subjects. Students are also able to receive a French language certificate upon graduating from Uchenna Academy.
- INDIVIDUAL PERFORMANCE PLANS. Our focus is having every student-athlete realise their full potential. Therefore, a significant portion of our on-court time is dedicated to IPP practices.
Every student-athlete undergoes periodic athletic testing throughout the year, starting with a baseline test we track improvement in agility, speed, body measurements, strength, endurance, shooting, passing, finishing, etc.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE BASKETBALL TRAINING. Our Basketball Prep School Program on-court training centers around IPP practices and team development training is lead by our NCCP and NCAA certified coaches.
This systematically planned daily training approach yields outstanding results maximizing the growth potential of our student-athletes.
- ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE TRAINING. Our Basketball Prep School Program prioritizes quality athletic performance training, sports medicine education and care for our athletes. Each 3 hour of daily training is divided into athletic performance training based on IPPs.
- ELITE COMPETITION. Uchenna Academy’s Basketball Prep School team will compete in several regional and international prep circuits, showcases and/or tournaments during the year.
At least 50% of our games schedule will be at showcase events in the United States providing maximum exposure to University and College coaches as well as national scouting services.
We also record all games and practices, so every student-athlete has an abundance of film to enhance their recruitment portfolio. Film is used as an additional teaching tool. You will not find a more comprehensive Basketball Prep School in Toronto.
- ACADEMIC CAREER PLANNING. We spend time providing students with information about University and College programs (in Canada and USA). Education is centred around academic and athletic scholarships. Realistic goals are set for each student and benchmarks are put in place to ensure they are on the right track to reach their academic goals.